Designed and constructed within six weeks, the newly refurbished high dependency unit (HDU) at Blackpool Victoria Hospital was completed with Main Contractor D&G Builders and Joiners Ltd via Atlas BFW Management
The HDU refurbishment scheme saw the existing eight-bed HDU ward developed in to a four-bed bay isolation area and purpose-built Covid isolation area.
Alterations and adaptations to the existing electrical services within HDU included:
- Modifications to existing circuits to accomodate the new scheme whilst maintaining retained areas operation throughout
- New LED lighting to examination rooms, circulation areas and nurses bay.
- Local dimming and switching within the bed bays to the bed head units
- Emergency lighting.
- Reconfiguration of fire alarm system.
- Modifications to DATA installations
- New Nurse Call units to the existing bed head trunking to Control Panel at the nurses station
We were delighted to be involved in this rewarding project with the project team who have completed numerous works for the trust providing a much needed upgrade to the facility.