University of Central Lancashire
Thompson Building Services Engineers were appointed as one of only two electrical framework contractors to UCLan. Thompson are responsible for completing all electrical planned and reactive maintenance across the entire campus including teaching areas, student accommodation and sports arenas.
Thompson provide an emergency one hour call out service 365 days a week 24/7 to the University. Throughout term time and holiday periods we maintain a presence on site undertaking reactive maintenance response in line with set Key Performance Indicators. Working in a busy occupied university attention to detail and careful management of health and safety are vital whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the student and university staff.
Strict procedures and vetting of engineers are in place and all reactive engineers undertake site-based risk assessments prior to starting work. Our engineers carry photo ID and wear Company uniform.
Framework Contractor since 2016
- Planned and Reactive Maintenance
Electrical installation Projects
Work completed direct and through Main Contractor Partners
Recently completed planned works include
- New vision sciences department; installation of LED Lighting with specialist dimming and power installation.
- New electrical installation to fit out of new Wet Laboratories at the Victoria Mill campus in Burnley including installations to laboratory benches, new lighting and power.
- Replacement of circular stairwell and corridor lighting to JB Firth Building.
- LED Lighting upgrades to Harris Building
- Complete electrical fit out to new modular Ironworks Building for the facilities department
- Mains Distribution upgrades across various buildings in the Preston City Centre Campus
- Installation of smart metering within various buildings to monitor and manage energy use and reduce carbon footprint.
- Electrical installation to the new Oasis Multifaith Centre
- Remodelling of student accommodation at Ribble Residence to suit new recreational facilities and rooms
- Harrington Building Clinical Skills electrical installation
- Refurbishments and upgrades to residence buildings throughout summer holiday periods.
Having worked for the UCLAN for nearly 12 years. Thompson’s have worked on numerous projects for me , both direct for the University and as a Subcontractor to many General Building Contractors. I have always found their approach has been nothing short of professional; they employ capable individuals who are highly motivated with a good attitude. This combined with their friendly approach enables collaborative working, with clients and site team members, to overcome problems and work to a high standard.
Michael Hall, Projects Team, UCLan
We would be happy to discuss any aspect of your project and how we can help.
Get in touch with us today