Cardinal Newman College
Thompson provide a reactive maintenance service 365 days a week 24/7 to the College. Reactive maintenance is completed to response in line with set Key Performance Indicators. Working in a busy occupied sixth form college attention to detail and careful management of health and safety are vital whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the student and university staff.
Strict procedures and vetting of engineers are in place and all reactive engineers undertake site-based risk assessments prior to starting work. Our engineers carry photo ID and wear Company uniform.
Framework Contractor since 2008
Provision of planned and reactive Maintenance Services
- Electrical and Mechanical Services
Planned maintenance takes place to include statutory inspections and servicing of electrical equipment and air conditioning.
Through holiday periods regular planned works includes room and social space upgrades including new LED Lighting, new power and data installations for revised layouts, mains upgrades, installation of new ventilation and air conditioning supplies. These works are completed to short turnaround timescales.
Larger Project work include
- M&E installation to remodelling of new entrance areas at St Wilfrid Building
- Remodelling of St Mary Building science laboratory’s
- Electrical installation to New Sports Pavilion Building
- Electrical installation throughout the remodel of St Augustine’s Building a Grade II listed former Church, including sports hall, dance studios, classroom and social areas.
- Phased remodelling of existing campus buildings including Refurbishment of existing classroom areas and student areas with power, lighting, data and fire alarm
- M&E installation to new dining and student recreational facilities
- Electrical installation to new atrium building linking the existing Georgian Buildings to students lounge and creating new modern circulation areas
- Installation of smart metering to monitor and manage energy use and reduce carbon footprint.
- Electrical installation to state-of-the-art Theatre space including large performing arts space and lecture rooms
- New air condition installation to various classrooms with new ductwork and relocation and modification of controls
“I have worked with Thompson’s for the past 7 years in my role as Estates Manager at Cardinal Newman College. The company have carried out many various electrical and mechanical projects, planned and reactive maintenance works.
They are a very professional and well organised company, who can work within budget constraints. Work is always completed on time and to a high standard, with the appropriate certificates and RAMS delivered on time. The engineers understand the importance of working on a live site with some 3000 staff and students.
Each one of Thompson’s employees are professional, hardworking and highly skilled. I believe this work ethic comes from the Directorship and Management, who value, train and respect their work force and therefore gain commitment and a very conscientious approach to work.”
M Kozuszkiewicz, Estates Manager CNC
We would be happy to discuss any aspect of your project and how we can help.
Get in touch with us today